Sunday, January 31, 2016

12 Tags of 2016 {My January Version}

Hello friends!  Today I'd like to share my January version of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016.  Tim Holtz has a wonderful tutorial on his blog with step-by-step instructions on how to create this fun technique here.  Love how Tim did an awesome remix of his Chalkboard and Industrious Metal techniques!  Since Valentine's Day is so close, I went with a "love" theme.
I went with a big #10 manila tag, so my typewriter would fit.  The top portion of the tag embossed beautifully, but the bottom portion was a little trickier.  Because I used a #10 tag, it's so large I can't cut a slit in the top of my embossing folder to run the tag thru the top, for bottom embossing.
 In order for me to have the alphabet in the upright position, I embossed a sheet of the foil with the backing still in place (not yet attached to the tag).
 Then I peeled the backing off of the foil and adhered it to the bottom of the tag.
 I gave it a flip so you can see the bottom part was not embossed.  A little trickery, but in the end you can't tell the difference.
 Love this Blueprint Typewriter stamp from Stampers Anonymous, it was perfect for my theme!  I was out of smooth black card stock or a black tag, so I improvised.  I took a piece of scrap Manila card stock and painted it with Ranger Black Tie paint...worked out great!
 I incorporated a few of the new idea-ology pieces.  I just had to give all my metal the grunge treatment with Mushroom Alcohol Ink.
 "Love" is die cut from the Celebration's Word Blocks die set...
 and the teeny tiny heart are die cut from the Shape Strips, both using Kraft Core card stock.
I hope you enjoyed todays project!  You can find the supplies I've used via the links below.  If you have any questions please let me know I love your comments, I truly appreciate each and everyone of them!  As always thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!  xx

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ranger Designer Challenge 2016

Hi everyone!  I'm happy you've stopped by today!  I'm sharing my Ranger Designer Challenge 2016 canvas.  This challenge was all about the New Distress Crayons!  Each person was given one of the New Distress Crayon sets, one of the New Dina Wakley Media Boards and a few other things...I just knew it was going to be fun project!
First, I covered my board with vintage dictionary paper using Multi Medium Matte.  I also applied a thin coat of Multi Medium Matte to top of paper.  After that had dried I took my sanding grip and distressed my edges a bit.  Now comes the fun part, I swiped some Distress Crayon onto my craft mat and picked up color with my finger and applied to outer portions of my board.  The parts that I wanted more concentrated color, I applied Distress Crayon directly to the board and smudged out with my finger.  The Distress Crayons have the consistency of lipstick and blend beautifully.
 Then I took a second smaller canvas and gave it a wash with Distress Paint and applied some Transparent Matte Texture Paste with a Layering Stencil.  I did all of my shading to the second canvas by applying Distress Crayon from the Craft Mat using my finger.
 I wanted my blossoms to have a very soft appearance.  I swiped Distress Crayon onto the craft mat and picked up color then applied to the blossoms using my finger.
I really love how they turned out!
 I distressed some Tim Holtz metal ideaology and paper ephemera.
 I die cut the Bird Silhouette and Tea Time's teacup and saucer out of some Correspondence Paper backed to chipboard, then distressed the edges a bit.
 I did all of the shading to the paper pieces by applying some Distress Crayon and smudging it with my finger.  I added some fun splatters with a paintbrush using watered down Distress Crayons from my craft mat.  I had SO much fun playing with the New Distress Crayons, they're a must have!!!  I'm excited to get the other sets along with the Collage Mediums!  There will be many more projects to come using the New Distress Crayons!  There are so many different ways to use the Distress Crayons I just grazed a couple, I can't wait to play more.
You can find the supplies I used via the links below.  That wraps it up for me, I hope you enjoyed todays project!  As always thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!