Thursday, June 18, 2015

For Dad...

Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a card I made my Dad for Father's Day!  It's also one of my Design Team projects for Inspiration Emporium.  I started out using #24 Black Kraft Core cardstock for the base of the card, sanded to expose that great kraft.  I distressed papers from the Correspondence Paper Stash, Emporium Ephemera, Expedition Ephemera, #8 Manila Tag and a Found Relatives Card with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a little water flicking.
I distressed metal Idea-ology pieces with Iced Spruce, Antique Linen Distress Paint and Mushroom Alcohol Ink.  Then layered for a unique look.
I ran the Typewriter Texture Fade with #21 Brown Kraft Core cardstock through the Vagabond to create that raised alphabet surface.  Then sanded the raised portion of the cardstock to expose the kraft.
I love all of the Tim Holtz Handwritten Collection Dies, so I decided to get a little creative for what I needed.  To create the word "dad" I die cut the word "everyday" twice from the Handwritten Journey Thinlits Collection.  Then I cut and pieced the "day" on the end to create "dad".
I hope you enjoyed my Father's Day Card!   If you have any questions or if there's anything I missed please let me know I love your comments, I appreciate each and everyone of them!  As always thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!





2 comments:

  1. Great card Bobbi! I'm sure your Dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Father's Day card is brilliant Bobbi, I love all the layering and your very creative 'dad'! Anne x

    ReplyDelete