Friday, January 31, 2014

Practical Scrappers Card Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a card I made for Practical Scrappers Card Sketch Challenge.
This sketch was designed by the fabulous Christine Meyer.  Here's my take on it.  I kept it very neutral, with just a few splashes of color here and there.
The base of the card is Bazzill Kraft card stock cut 5.5 x 8.5 scored down the center and folded.  I've been using a lot of watercolor paper here lately and again I used it on this one too.  The watercolor paper that I used is coldpressed 140 lbs, I just really like the heavier weight.  I cut a piece of watercolor paper 5.25 x 4 and distressed the edges using a bone folder.  I then used my sewing machine with black thread and stitched circles on the white watercolor paper.  I used a punch to cut out the arrow and I used Tim Holtz's Stacked Stars die to cut out my stars.  For the stars I used watercolor paper and a clothes pattern.  Clothes patterns have that really nice kraft look and the paper is so thin it's semi transparent so it was perfect for the look I was going for, I just found a spot that didn't have any writing.  I stamp on my watercolor paper stars and arrow using some Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp sets (School Desk CMS057 & Classics #6 SCF006.  The ink that I used was Jet Black Archival Ink by Ranger.  I used a couple of mist sprays to splatter some ink on the watercolor paper stars.  Mister Huey's - Garden and October Afternoons - Carbon Copy Sprinkler.  After the ink was dry I stitched the clothes pattern paper and the watercolor paper stars together using black thread.  Before mounting the circle stitched watercolor paper to the kraft card stock I splattered some Mister Huey - Classic Tan on it and let dry.  I'm using Studio Calico for the all of the wood veneers.  All that's left now is assemble.  I used Helmar Scrap Dots to give the arrow a dimensional look, everything else is just a flat glue.
Hope you enjoyed my take on Christine's sketch card.  Head on over to the Practical Scrappers blog and check out the talented group of gals over there!  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment